Make it loud!
23-24 February 2019
«Make it loud: how concert industry works» — this is the slogan of the winter Music Conference Ukraine. The organizers tried to find out what possibilities do Ukrainian artists and a local market have in common reality?
A big part of the event was dedicated to the showcase festivals. For example, Oskar Strajn — one of 3 bookers of the Eurosonic Noorderslag — told how they choose artists for their event. Тhomas Heher, head of Waves Vienna, shared specifics of the performances in the German-speaking countries. Michał Hajduk from the Adam Mickiewicz Institute in Poland shared his experience of supporting emerging artists on the governmental level. Moreover, founders of the Ukrainian label CTS Records told about their experience about showcases in Miami, Amsterdam and Sofia.
Special focus was made on the EDM scene and super-niche stoner/sludge/prog events: organizers of the brightest electronic events in Ukraine and thematic festivals shared their insights on the line-up development and organizational aspects. Besides, the legend of house music from Switzerland Tito Torres not only did the workshop on music promo, but also played a special DJ-set with the Ukrainian colleague Sergio Mega. Mariusz Herma (Beehype, Poland) told about retromania and modern independent music scene.
In terms of collaboration with the Selector PRO program of British Council Ukraine the conference invited two special guests: Jake Beaumont-Nesbitt from International music managers forum IMMF) and Tony Duckworth from PIAS (Poland and Eastern Europe).
Main aims of the Music Conference Ukraine are knowledge exchange and networking between international delegates, Ukrainian musicians and managers for their career development. The next Music Conference Ukraine addition is planed for 12-14 July 2019 in a partnership with the biggest music festival in Ukraine and Eastern Europe - Atlas Weekend. Stay tuned!
February 23. Hall 1
- How to choose proper venue and artist?
- What works better: PR and press or paid ads?
- What portfolio should the artist have to start working with you?
- Sponsorship of small events
- How showcase festivals choose artists
- How to get the best result at the showcase
- How effective can be government support for international promo
- Experience of the Ukrainian artists and companies participating in showcase festivals
- Preparation for the trip, communication problems and other insights
- Participation of the record label in international music business events
- How cool is Kyiv from the European clubber's point of view?
- Is there a true Ukrainian sound on the electronic scene?
- Creating a line-up of the electronic event in Ukraine and Europe
- Connecting music and visual art
Foreign experts listen and comment songs of the Ukrainian artists. Send your track here: http://bit.ly/listen-feb
February 23. Hall 2
- Lauch of a new artist: online and offline strategy
- How to create and control hype
- Agency case studies: alyona alyona, Alina Pash, Cape Cod, Cepasa etc.
- Must-have elements of the tech rider
- What are the biggest problems during foreign tours?
- What is a call sheet and why do you need it?
- What are the main resourses to discover new electronic music?
- Tips for online promotion and fan communication
- How can Music Worx help to promote your music?
Conference participants meet foreign experts. This is a perfect possibility to tell about your project, ask relevant questions and get aquainted with new people. Main rule - you have only 5 minutes to talk with each expert. Register here: http://bit.ly/talk-feb
- What are the main parts of tour planing?
- Key expenses and time-consuming aspects
- Frequent mistakes and case studies
February 24. Hall 1
- How to build an international career of a music manager?
- Specifics of the work with the artists
- Monetization models and strategy development
- IMMF as a tool of professional development
Music Export Ukraine. New possibilities of the music export for Ukrainian artists
- Key promotion channels
- How to compare promotion efficiency and commercial success of the concert
- How to work with media efficiently
- Best case studies
- How do you pick up bands for the line-up
- How to build the unique atmosphere, so the people would come back
- Working with city municipalities and its support
- Results of 2018 and plans for 2019
- What are the Eastern European strength?
- How to compete with Western Economics?
- Are there any possibilities for the collaboration?
Feburary 24. Hall 2
- Where the new music is born and why you should forget about the USA?
- Why retromania can be dangerous?
- Beehype case studies
- How to build the artist brand? What elements does it have?
- How to work with texts and visuals?
- What kind of team is needed for that?
- How to prepare your press-pack?
- Presentation of new station YAMAHA Genos
- Advanced tips for arrangement creation
- Creating a track in 10 minutes
- Is music industry interesting for the commercial brands?
- What kind of portfolio should the artist have to collaborate with the brand
- Sponsorship and endorecement - what is the difference?
- How to find a sponsor for a tour in Ukraine/abroad?
- Strategic priorities of the Ukrainian institute
- Program priorities in 2019
- Program plans in music sector